-
December 5th, 2001, 01:37 PM
#1
Inactive Member
dont be so easily discouraged..you have some good things in there...you try to incorrperate different senses (touch, smell, taste)..which really makes a difference in poetry, however....they are really basic. try to elaborate on those different senses (dont used generic words like taste and smell, or if you do, take them further with a metaphor...) for example, taste doesnt tell me anything....tastes like what? felt how? try exanding your work...but the point is KEEP TRYING
------------------
-
December 5th, 2001, 02:03 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
This is like a Novella of poetry. A novella as opposed to a novel, is a condensed verstion of a book, much shorter in length. And this poem strikes me as just that. The end is a little lacking yes, but the rest of the poetry has a TON of room to grow. If this is your first attempt, you should be commended. It was/is a very good poem to start on, with tons of room for improvement. But the improvements need not be complex.
This is solid, keep it up.
Keep posting, try more.
------------------
As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...
If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
Word And Voice
Motocross Fanatics
General Philosophy
-
December 5th, 2001, 04:09 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I just found this forum about a half our ago and I think I'm going to make my first attempt at poetry. Tell me what you think...be honest.
i see you
walking through my mind
in a stranger's eyes
sitting here beside me
i can touch you
feel you
i can smell you
taste you
then i listen
and hear nothing
fear, panic, pain
where are you?
[This message has been edited by mind (edited December 05, 2001).]
-
December 5th, 2001, 04:18 PM
#4
Inactive Member
The more I read it the more I dislike it. The ending is bad.
------------------
Her glossed eyes melt me
-
December 6th, 2001, 03:24 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Yeah it was my first attempt ever. I stumbled on the forum looking for car forums...ha ha. So I took 5 minutes to try and describe a feeling.
My ex-girlfriend used to write me wonderful pieces so I have somewhat of an interest. I like reading other's work better than writing I think...but I may try again.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks